We are posting some of Dr. Steven Gitt’s career accomplishments in his honor. He was one of the biggest contributors to the stem cell revolution, and a friend to the Cell Surgical Network®. He specialized in cosmetic surgery, offering the latest and most innovative techniques in: facial rejuvenation, breast augmentation, laser surgery, liposuction, body contouring, and all facets. His patients described him as caring, compassionate, and understanding. He was an excellent listener and communicator.
He graduated from UCLA with distinction in 1982, was elected to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) National Medical Honor Society in 1985, and graduated medical school with distinction from Detroit’s Wayne State University in 1986. Seven years post-graduation, he founded North Valley Plastic Surgery (NVPS), and became the Medical Director of his company.
Always on the leading edge of technology, during the first five years of running NVPS, he offered endoscopic procedures such as brow and face lifting, abdominoplasty and breast augmentation, carbon dioxide laser resurfacing, and Photoderm-Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPL). He also accumulated extraordinary experience in Fotofacial and IPL treatments. Dr. Gitt was one of the first doctors in the country to use the Ultherapy, Cellfina, and FemiLift technologies.
He was the national and international spokesperson for the following companies:
- Alma Lasers
- Cell Surgical Network®
- Merz Aesthetics
- Venus Concept, Advisory Board Member, Consultant, and Research Physician for Venus Fiore
- VOLUMA (Allergan Injectable Product)
- Born in Detroit, Michigan, and raised in Michigan
- College: University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) graduated Cum Laude with B.S. in Psychobiology in 1982.
- Medical School: Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan; Doctor of Medicine 1986.
- General Surgery Residency: Phoenix Integrated Surgical – Good Samaritan Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona, 1986-1991.
- Plastic Surgery Residency: University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1991-1993.
- Private practice in Phoenix, Arizona 1993-present
Licensure And Board Certification
- Medical License in the state of Arizona
- Board certified by the American Board of Surgery, 1992, 2002.
- Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1995, 2005, 2015. Certification good to 2025.
- Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners
Hospital Staff Appointments
- Abrazo Scottsdale Campus (formally Paradise Valley Hospital)
- HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center (formally John C. Lincoln Hospital, North Mountain)
- North Valley Outpatient Surgery Center
- St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor – University of Arizona, College of Medicine-Phoenix, Department of Surgery
- Clinical Adjunct Professor of Plastic Surgery-Midwestern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Clinical Adjunct Professor of Plastic Surgery-Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Clinical Adjunct Professor of Plastic Surgery-Midwestern University College of Physicians Assistants
- Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow: American College Of Surgeons
- Member: Arizona Society Of Plastic Surgeons
- Member: Maricopa County Society Of Plastic Surgeons
- Member: Maricopa County Medical Society
- Member of the Editorial Board of Problemy Higieny i Epidemiologii, a scientific journal of the Polish Society of Hygiene that concentrates on hygiene, epidemiology and public health.
- Member of the Editorial Board of HYGEA Public Health, a scientific journal of the Polish Society of Hygiene that concentrates on public health problems.
- Real Self Top Doctor
Dr. Gitt, your life contributions were enormous and rare. Your intelligence, courage, and passion will be missed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to offer your condolences to Dr. Gitt’s colleagues and family.